Monday, January 17, 2011

It's the 3rd Monday!




And it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas....NOT! OK....so, I don't want to flake on my resolutions already! As I publicly indicated in my Resolutions posting...

http://trudi-buttonsnbows.blogspot.com/2011/01/resolutions.html

I will feature a new Christmas card on the 3rd Monday of every month...so...as I was happily creating yesterday (my current non-holiday card...yep, that resolution I broke already...I was only going to make 6 or so of cards...I don't think I made that an official resolution though, and when I cut part of my design out, with my Cricut...12 cut out perfectly on my dp...so, I decided to make 12....) Anyhow, I had my Christmas card (obligation) "Ace in the Hole", so to speak....an unfinished Christmas design from 2 years ago....YIKES! Like about 25 cards...ready to finish....) My resolution was to complete FIVE....so...EASY SMEASY....at about 9:00 last night...I put my current project (It is so so so fun!!!) off to the side....(will post finished result when I finish in a day or 2)....well...my Christmas project from 2 years ago had more than a couple of hours work....my goal was FIVE....and with those FIVE....still more than 2 hours...

What to do? Not to break my resolution: Like in business ALWAYS HAVE A PLAN B....like if our equipment breaks down (I don't want to jinx me here...) PLAN B....have backup for production/raw
materials/etc....unfortunately in the "real world" that isn't always possible...but....I KNEW somewhere hidden I had 5 finished Christmas Cards yet to be sent to friends or family....whew....I had full intent of using these for a "month"...and with the exception of only a couple of friends (family) ... these have never been seen.....I did NOT intend to use these my very first month...but, I don't want to break this resolution....

I really like the card I'm working on (all 25) right now, however...so it WILL show up in February FOR SURE...I'm not moving it from my table...not even to finish my fun everyday cards! :)

Well...I PREFER to do all my picture/blog stuff here in the factory while I'm working like a busy bee...so....up to the photo area (it sounds professional....it is NOT....but, I try)....I go....and slowly, slowly, I hear the camera lense doing it's thing when I turn the camera on....slow slow slow...I'm not surprised I see BATTERIES TOO LOW....they are charging currently, crossing fingers I don't need it today for any chocolate proposals!!! My PLAN B card is all set up to take a picture of.....

WHAT TO DO? Slide over to tomorrow for my picture? (that would be breaking my resolution...and I don't want to do that!!!) I guess I'll post a late picture, but still have it on on this 3rd Monday of the month!

In the meantime....I don't think I've shared this card before. I was zooming through my picture gallery and found it. This was one of the most labor intensive cards I have ever made....I luv the technique of making my own dp with the smooshing the stamp ... I honestly don't know the name of the technique....but, it's fun.....

Anyhow, stand by for a Christmas card photo! Might be tonight!

Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment