Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Recipe

So, I found my little doodles on my scratch paper of the pasta salad I made using pickled asparagus and gourmet wine vinegar. I have a customer, who owns a very large specialty food & gift shop http://www.simplynorthwest.com/index.html who is writing a cookbook. She asked her suppliers to supply recipes....so, considering what she carries in her store that is ours...I started pulling out recipes. She carries a huge amount of our novelty line, but she also sells a few of our wine vinegars and huckleberry products. So, keeping that in mind, I'm forwarding recipes to her using those products out of our line.
In 1989, my Mom and I published our very own cookbook, "Adams Place Cooks with Flavored Vinegars"...and have had it printed now 3 times. It was fun coming up with all of these recipes way back when....and both Mom and I took a bit of a walk down memory lane peeking at some of them today! Most are dishes we cook over and over and over ... like Pot Roast browned in Raspberry Vinegar....and my Dad's traditional Cucumber Salad, passed down from generation to generation...he learned it as a little boy from my German Grandma who came to this country when she was only 15!

The recipe I'm sharing today...is one that I created last week....a close friend of mine is a caterer. Taste testing at her house a couple of weeks ago...I fell in luv with her pasta salad....I took that taste home in my mind...and this is what I came up with. It's addicting!!!


Ingredients:

1/4 cup grated FRESH Parmesean Cheese
8 marinated artichoke hearts (cut in smaller pieces) (I cut them in 1/2)
3-oz olives, sliced (I took whole olives and cut in 1/2 or 1/3's....a little more olive than presliced)
1/4 cup salad oil
1/4 cup Adams Place Walla Walla Sweet Onion Wine Vinegar (or other flavored vinegar)
6 cups cooked pasta
Fresh basil (torn in little pieces)
Johnny Seasoning salt (to preference)
Diced Tomato
1/2 cup pickled asparagus cut in bite-sized pieces


Cook pasta al dente, drain. Cool pasta and add the remaining ingredients, season with Johnny's to preference!
I have a big wingding going on this Friday night....I will be bringing home a bottle of Walla Walla Sweet Onion Wine Vinegar (I used mine up!) and making this! I like the large Rigate pasta but all pasta is good....the little cork screw shaped ones would be good too! I'm not a gourmet cook...so, not sure of the names...when I opened my cupboard I got a quick lesson on names of pasta! The rigate pasta is about an inch long, straight hollow tube shaped piece! LOL!
Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment