Wednesday, January 20, 2010

This is what I KNOW. I know I'm going to use this set. I closed my eyes and randomnly grabbed this set from a pile of never or rarely used sets of mine!

I chose my designer paper in a fairly unique way. Looking at the set, I sort of had that "50"s feel. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I recalled a memory....when my husband and I traveled the Caribbean on our honeymoon, 20 years ago....we visited a plantation where the tour guide made the comment that the kitchen of this mansion that we visited was decorated 50's style....the walls were painted in bright colors with polka dots! So....with this set....I went from:

50's ------------>a comment made on our tour during our honeymoon ---------->the plantation kitchen decor -------------->bright polka dots

(I don't think it hurt that one of the dresses has dots on it either...this may have been somthing subliminal in my thought process)....

I didn't second guess my color scheme. I have TONS of polka dot designer paper....BUT...decided to be impulsive with my color choice and not overthink!

Come by tomorrow to see what next I've done!

Trudi



No comments:

Post a Comment