Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Celebrate!




I guess today is a day to celebrate...(it's my husband's birthday)...although I didn't make this card for him. My 11 year old daughter made him a cake...it is the first she made on her own without anyone around to help her...I suspect this will be the best cake my husband has ever eaten...she was worried it didn't look good...to me...it was award winning! :)


Another reason to celebrate....I stumbled upon this card while in my craftstudio...I snuck home during lunch and pulled out dp for my NEXT card...if I EVER make it home tonight from work....(I'm back at work after a long day...just came up to "finish" after birthday dinner)....I plan on hiding out in my little papercrafting playground....I have to say...I really enjoy attempting these challenges....(on the BBTB2 board...)...I'm pretty slow, and since I can't seem to make JUST one...I obviously can't participate every week....but, I sure have the ideas going....and this last week isn't any different (pie cut)...so, by the weekend...I'll have my "take" up....I have to see this one through...I've involved all kinds of facebook friends in on it too...GREAT choice for a cut!!! You'll have to wait for my idea with it though...my sister and I have laughed ourselves silly on it....maybe only she and I will think it's "a keeper"....I guess that just goes to show how much fun this obsession with cardstock can be!


Celebrate....I'm not going to lie...it's been a rough rough summer...I find myself bursting into tears....thinking...what "could have" happened with my son...if that tumor hadn't been caught....time really was running out on us...Celebrate...lots of meaning there for me....


I went to my class reunion...the one that I wanted to wear a slinky dress to...those who know me here locally, will vouch that probably a year ago...I could have...but...with stress...that you know about, which I share openly about...and stress...that I keep to myself....which although not as devastating as what my son went through, but rocky times just the same...things I don't ask for that make me feel "trapped" stress....added on top of everything....somehow, fitting into those skinny jeans wasn't important...what was important was being there....I feel sorry for those, for whatever reasons, felt like they couldn't/shouldn't wouldn't go....I know some of these people....being fat, in hard times, hated high school, people are jerks, kind of excuses...that's sad...with the exception of making a teeny fool out of myself *thinking* I knew someone (OK...it was a big school)...I'm *glad* I went!


Back to celebrate....you all know why I celebrate. I look at my kids faces...I celebrate ... what a blessed Mom I am ... and Happy Birthday to my husband....uh...this card wasn't designed for you, but, you know what your gifts are! Really, probably one of the best birthdays...you know it! I didn't proof read this post...I wanna go home...long day! :)


Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment