Friday, May 21, 2010

Sympathy


When I make a sympathy card, I like to make extra to have on hand....you never "plan" these cards, and I have found that in the past...I am inappropriately slow at mailing out my sincerest thoughts to friends who have sadly said goodbye to a loved one for the last time.

Recently, I made a pile of cards...and used them immediately. I've needed to finish my next batch, and these too, sadly have addressed envelopes waiting.

Tonight, I am making a baby card for my niece's shower tomorrow. I guess the circle of life ... from sadness to complete joy. I'm not going to make a pile of baby cards though...I can't think of too many nieces who should be having babies YET!!!

My card here...I had FULL intent of putting a stamped image on it...I TRIED AND TRIED...I even have 5 images stamped on premium cardstock and colored in Copics...they just didn't work...I luv the set....one of SU new acrylic stamp sets...(which are extremely high quality, I might add)....It just didn't WORK!!! So, rather than go on a 6 month vacation from card making...I nixed the image and went with Cricut instead. If I were to start over...yes, there are changes I would make...but, I really want to get these cards mailed...

Hopefully, my baby card will fall into place easily! It has to...the shower is tomorrow ... noonish!

I will post a picture of it...on Monday!


Trudi

1 comment:

  1. This is really pretty. I have a hard time with stamped images too.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete