Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Here's the Scoop


I've been waiting for an opportunity to tell you a bit of why I do things the way I do, or rather why I spell or write some of my words the way I do. I often wonder what people think when they see poor spelling, or things written a bit funny...blame it all to poor proof reading.....

I typically don't have a lot of time when I upload and blog...so, once in awhile, you will see something that doesn't read right, or might be spelled wrong....I clicked publish too fast...and got distracted, promised myself to "fix" later...and never did.

Back in the day....I would be HORRIFIED to know I submitted a thesis paper, or brochure or whatever with a typo on it....but, time has made me relax a bit on that. It's probably the "couldn't color out of the lines" part of me...that contributes to high stress...be thankful I am allowing myself to be a bit "sloppy" every now and then, probably a lot more now than then! (It's not a good way to be ... I tend to craft slow because of this perfectionist personality trait.)

Another thing I wanted to share....there are 2 words in the English language ... (I guess in Spanish, German or any language for that matter)...that I take very very seriously, therefore, I am careful when I use these words....

LOVE and PRAY

I once heard a person at a basketball game, years and years ago...say they "prayed" we would win. That's ok for people to do so, for them...but for me....I can't pray for a game. I'm going to limit my opinion because of the sensitivity of faith....my faith is personal, so, my opinion needs to remain personal...but, I can share....I have prayed for health and healing...never things like games. I've prayed for my family and friends...and do so knowing my prayers are important to me.

LOVE.....

I love people...I love life....I love being a Mom...daughter....a wife too (most of the time anyway), my family, my friends....you get the picture.

I have a hard time LOVING designer paper, stamps, even food (unless I was food deprived)...Love is like praying to me....used too loosely, for me, loses a bit of meaning...not saying this needs to be for everybody, as I mentioned, this is a personal opinion) SO....this is why I say LUV instead of LOVE....

Now for my blog picture...this is a novelty we do for all kinds of things....it can be filled with coffee beans, and all kinds of candy....as an ad specialty item....it is used as a "Here's The Scoop". I never made the baby card I wanted to...I (shock) bought one instead! I've been enjoying watching my kids playing sports....I don't like how fast they are growing up...these 2 "loves" of my life are my world, and so, if it means I buy a card and get the sleep I need...the world won't stop spinning!


Toodles!


Trudi

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand where you are coming from! I am the same way. I too have purchased cards.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete