Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Camera is FRIED


That's not why I have not uploaded a picture....I'm going like a turtle on my recent project. Here's the scoop....my son obligated me to donate to a school fundraiser....that I'd make baby cards or something like that to add to a huge baby basket. Each classroom is making a GIGANTIC basket to raffle off at the carnival this Friday. Well...I started it...but could NOT finish it. Our 2 weeks of babysitting an orchard in deep-freeze weather...threw my whole system off...and I literally got craftwise off my "routine"...so...he said...just donate money, which I did. Here's the problem...I started the project...and now I'm WELL INTO IT...I can't "move" it ... or change creative gears. I have my "cards" that I'm working on during my daughter's piano lesson....but front and center in my studio is this BABY JOURNAL.

I was so so so excited to buy NURSERY RHYMES for this journal...(cartridge)....which I did....funny thing....my designer paper didn't "look" like Nursery Rhymes...SO...I used another new cartridge of mine: GIVE A HOOT!!!!!

My book is a work in progress...and I'm enjoying every moment of this process!!! I've found all kinds of treasures in my craft studio to complete this...and I intend to follow up with 3-4 more of these to give to my 2 nieces who each had a baby in the last year, plus a cousin...and my daughter's newly pregnant volleyball coach! You will have to wait for the picture...I need a new camera, plus I need to finish! All I can say....there are some REALLY cute cuts on this cartridge, and I know the illustrator had to be in my generation, the cut I chose to use...is one patterened after a popular nursery rhyme that I don't believe is even known by the generation below me! Hopefully...in a couple of days...I'll be able to share with you!!!!

Meanwhile: the picture: I'm not particularly in like with this picture, but it was about the time my camera was going kaput, so I used it anyhow for our current advertisement. Since our team is red and blue...I decided to go with this color scheme and have these ready for the sponsor gift. Clever, huh? No last minute running around this Saturday since he will be there throwing out the first pitch. "He" is our neighbor as well, who purchased property from us...and raised about 15 kids (seriously)...all have been candy buyers from us since they could walk across the field! How fun is that!!!!

It's game night tonight....will miss half of it...I'll be at my daughter's piano...finishing little duckie cards...they were SUPPOSED to be my RAK ladies (I still remember you all...don't worry...your wait will be worth it...) Easter cards...well...they took a little twist and now are SPRING cards...having fun with these too...just got impulsive with them in the beginning and now, I'm not sure I like them. :)

Gotta go...close up and scoo-daddle!

Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment