Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dang!


WEATHER!~

You wonder...where did I disappear? Anyone who reads my blog knows, I am not short of words to say...so bear with me...

IMMEDIATELY after New Years Day....my husband and I headed out of town for a few days of R&R....I was hesitant for a couple of reasons....first....I was JUST GETTING OVER BEING SICK! Yep, I was in bed by 3:30 in the afternoon, New Years Eve....one might think I had the flu....I don't think I did...just a huge let down from Christmas business ... I go from high energy to no energy practically, and for 25 years of business...it's always the same! :(

Second....the morning we left (January 2)...I had the phone ringing off the hook...I think 50% of this month's business was all taken/done in 2 hours ... (not really) ... it just seemed like it. One of my national accounts was put on a spending freeze late November...so, I heard from most of the account execs that we deal with bright and early January 2nd. I'm tickled pink (and red since it's Valentines....) that we have such a loyal company that orders from us. Still not sure I should reveal names of who I work with...lets just say...it's a big company and a wonderful one to do business with. Some time in the future, I'll put a "plug" in for them...unrelated to this post.

Third....I was leaving at a time when I really couldn't....but....if I can't leave for 2 days without the sky falling....then something is wrong. I'm "working" at trying to get things where I can leave a day here and a day there....just probably shouldn't be directly after a major holiday and a time when the stores and companies need to "reload"!

So, I'm finally back on track...and DANG!

WE HAVE BEEN SLAMMED WITH A HORRIBLE SNOW/ICE/SLEET STORM!!!!!!

Just when I think I'm back to normal...I have delays in shipping and all that nasty stuff....a customer who is white knuckled for a deadline and another pushing the delivery limit...what a fun business I'm in! LOL!

I will say, however...after 25 years I've learned to shut the lights off and hopefully leave most of the stress at the factory (unless I'm being contacted every hour while having a couple days of R&R!!!)....so...when the employees went home tonight...our fun city is basically CLOSED due to bad weather...I'm hoping to continue my very fun project! Yep...I've been creating!

I don't have a picture yet, but will soon.....I'm thoroughly enjoying this project...so much that I'm hoping I can see it through....

I never did state any craft goals for 2012...so, here they are...and I'm going to be simple since I failed last years!

1. Complete a whole year (yep, 12 months!) of the "journaling blocks" pages! (it's fun!)

2. Stay current with my RAK group. I sort of stumbled this last year...I'm still current now, and I don't plan on not. I really enjoy my group of friends that I've exchanged cards with since....about 2004!!! I think it was around then when I joined this group...haven't ever dropped out...I did flake last year...but, I'm really going to try to not again. Personal life sometimes takes over!

Now for my "personal resolutions"

1. Get back into the size I was 2 years ago! I never fit that slinky dress for my class reunion, but I will this summer! It's doable!

2. Sit back and "enjoy". I guess this first half of my life I've proven that I tend to get a little stressed out....I'm going to TRY really hard to "chill"....enjoy my kids while they are kids....take it all in because it can slip away fast....

3. Embrace my family and friends....know my blessings; make each moment spent with them as if it was my last...know what really matters.

There you go....this picture was taken a few years ago...I am not energetic enough to go out and take a picture of the snow of 2012. Trust me...it's about twice as much with a sleet coming down on it...it's icky...the picture is, however of our lower orchard...the last one that I would need to walk through in the event I end up walking home from the factory. I don't really want to do this in the dark...the wild animals come out at night to play...there is a coyote I see every day that doesn't even run anymore when he/she sees me...by now, I'm sure wiley coyote is pretty hungry!

Couple of days from now...I hope to have a show of what I'm doing! It's really fun! (did I mention it was fun?! lol)

Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment