Friday, February 23, 2018

Because this is what I now do....

Has it really been June since I last posted? Geesh....I've been dabbling in my craft studio pretty consistently, although not in rocket speed time....I've actually gone out and about to buy new supplies....I have a bunch to share...and I have found inspiration, so...here I go!

Something I started a few years ago...that I haven't shared, thus the title of this blog....is I do what I do in my chocolate business....I start my holiday/season about a year in advance.....I have to do this in the chocolate world, if you wait until September/October to introduce new holiday items...you are about 8 months too late....

So...drum roll here....

I actually make NEXT year's holiday...during THIS YEAR...so...I had 2018 Valentines ready to mail, all finished...while I was making 2019 Valentines. Absolutely NO pressure...and enjoying the holiday. Did the same with Christmas/Halloween and other. I finished some adorable friendship cards with a summer theme, during NOVEMBER! hahaha

This way, I'm not up later than I need to be or should be, and I really am ENJOYING the process, rather than hurrying the process...then again, I have always scrapbooked that way too...it could take me a month to do one 2 page 12x12 layout...and I have unfinished "books" ... I've decided I do this for my therapy, solitude and sharpening my creative thinking, which I depend on in my chocolate biz....so, my grandkids will probably never see a finished scrapbook, but they will see pages and pages of memories put carefully together with fine detail and probably what a "less is more" style of crafter would cringe at looking at...afterall, I'm a "more is more" kind of gal...and it works for me....

So....you wanna see my 2019 Valentine? I absolutely have always wanted Crazy Birds....and I splurged and bought the whole shebang....then needed a magnetic plate and everything....yes, I still craft with my go to tools....my Big Shot, and even my old red sizzix and dies...not that I don't think my Cricut is the best thing since sliced bread, because I do....I faithfully use my "Expression"...although recently I was gifted a brand new Cricut Air...so welcome to the next century, I may have to learn a little computer technology along the way...I'm so impressed with what I see this machine can do...I wanna join the ranks of vinyl cutters and such too!

Enough jibber jabber for today....my 2019 Valentine....if any of you receive this NEXT year...I hope you don't remember it...lol...

Drop by again ... I have about 6 projects to share! :) Big big Big happy crafter smile here!



I have to admit...I'm a bit Copic challenged...for starters, I don't have nearly enough ... I may splurge and buy another dozen .... second, I'm petrified to ever add ink! I know that's what you are supposed to do when these quality markers run dry....but I'm SCARED to even attempt! I've had these now for many years, I know my day is coming. I never could figure out the little air thingy, I have one, but really never could understand how to use it, since my directions were in Chinese! Anyhow, I'm self taught. I need Copic to get to my area one day, and I'll take the class.

Toodles!

Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment