Thursday, October 18, 2012

I (heart) Volleyball

Finally, a little crafty item! The chocolate is actually white chocolate dipped graham crackers (shaped like pretzels) -- a product that my "day job" (aka our chocolate/specialty food business...if interested, www.adamsplacecountrygourmet.com or on facebook: Adams Place Country Gourmet, Inc.) manufactures. This time of year, this product is fairly popular, it makes a nice stand-alone gift item for the holidays. Anyhow, whenever I need a quick personal gift, I typically don't look much farther than my own business...yesterday was the last middle school volleyball match for my daughter...next we are on to club tryouts.... This year was my daughter's first year to play school ball...she has played volleyball on the club level since she was 8 years old...but, finally, as a 7th grader, she was able to play. The 6th graders and under are not allowed to play off campus sports, a distict wide policy...probably not a bad one, but one that has been difficult for my daughter since she EATS, SLEEPS AND DRINKS volleyball!!!!! What a fun year it has been. The girls bonded so well, and new friendships were made...my daughter was a true team player and we came off the season with nothing but positive memories! (And 7 out of 10 wins!) She played 2 positions, something that is only going to help her as she grows with this sport! I wanted to show the coaches our appreciation...her leadership skills were just waiting to appear on the court...up to now, she's been the youngest on her club team and never confident to take that role...and that she did FINALLY! I couldn't decide if it was appropriate to do the sentiment with the "Hokey Pokey"....it's sort of a little joke often from coaches ... and I didn't want to imply anything...so, I left it up to her which tag to use on the gifts. I made 4 and she could pick 2. What did she pick? (The hokey pokey one)....she really didn't care...she was on her cloud at the after party...so, I snuck the funny one over to her and had all the girls sign the tag. ;) Speaking of volleyball...in a couple of weeks...we may have some HUGE volleyball news to share....for now, I'm not assuming or saying anything...but, something is up...just not sure exactly yet. It's all good! :) Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment